What is an effective way to write the product title?
Following are some points to write an effective product title.
- Product title must be under 70 characters including the spaces
- It should be unique and should have searchable product names
- The first letter of each word in the product title should be in upper case
- Should include item specifications such as size, color, condition, article number, brand name, etc. (if possible)
- Use numerals (5 instead of five; Pack of 5 instead of Pack of Five)
- Use correct spellings and grammar
- Use seller name as a brand name only if your product is a private label
- Use standard molecular formula, if need be, for example, Fe used for Iron (not fe or FE); Al used for Aluminum (not al or AL)
What are some of the practices that should be avoided while writing a product title?
- Do not use price and quantity in a product title
- Do not use same name products in a catalog
- Do not include any company-specific or seller-specific information
- Do not use all capital letters
- Do not include any promotional message such as ‘Discounted’, ‘Sale’, etc. in the product title
- Do not include subjective/adjectives words in the product title, such as ‘Beautiful Dress’, ‘Best-Selling Suit’, ‘Wow’, etc.
- Do not use words that are banned or are illegal
- Do not use conjunctions (and/or) and articles(a/an/the)in the product title
- Do not use any adult products/keywords
Does product title impact visibility of my products?
Yes, product title impacts the visibility of your products, and hence, the business leads you get on IndiaMART for that product. Product title impacts the priority of your product in search results, when the buyer searches for your product. If you have named your product correctly and completely, the chances of it appearing in top search results is higher.